Sac Kids First is the region’s largest grassroots coalition. We are individuals and organizations who believe that investing in the healthy development of children and youth is key to building a better Sacramento.
Our diverse coalition includes youth leaders, nonprofits, educators, law enforcement officials, and business leaders who have come together in a united effort to create stable long-term investments in child and youth development.
- We believe that investing in the healthy development of children and youth is key to building a better Sacramento.
- We believe young people must be central actors in the creation, development, implementation, and evaluation of a Sacramento Children’s Fund.
- We believe reducing life outcome disparities among children and youth based on race, economic, and social status must be the number one priority of a Sacramento Children’s Fund.
- We believe the operation of a Sacramento Children’s Fund must be transparent and accountable to the general public.
Youth Forward serves as the coordinating entity for the coalition. Organizations which are leading Sac Kids First include:
- EBAYC Sacramento
- Roberts Family Development Center
- Sol Collective
- Youth Forward
- PRO Youth and Families
- Sacramento LGBT Community Center
- Sacramento ACT
- Sacramento City Teachers Association
- California Chapter 1, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Region Business (Sacramento Region Business Association)
- Hmong Youth & Parents United
- Mutual Housing California
- South Sacramento Christian Center
- The Health Education Council
- La Familia Counseling Center
- Sacramento Youth Alliance/ Alliance for Educational Solutions
- Youth Engagement Action Team
- Brown Issues Forum
- The California Urban Partnership
- The Center at Sierra Health Foundation
- GreenTech Education and Employment
- Greater Sacramento NAACP
- Rose Family Creative Empowerment Center (RFCEC)
- Mutual Assistance Network
- United Latinos
- Blacks Making a Difference (BMAD)
- Improve Your Tomorrow
- Hmong Innovating Politics
- Public Health Advocates
- Jakara Movement
- Waking the Village: The Creation District